After sprinkling details about their respective next-gen consoles throughout last year, Microsoft and Sony have been all but silent in the first month or so of 2020. Back in January of 2013, Sony invited members of the press to attend a special “PlayStation Meeting ” at the end of February to unveil the PS4. We know Sony is planning to launch the PS5 this holiday season, but January came and went without a peep. If there’s going to be a reveal event this February, there isn’t much time left to announce it, and we’re likely going to have to wait until at least next month.
Microsoft actually waited until May of 2013 to host a reveal event of its own, which was an interesting choice with E3 2013 just around the corner. Separately, the event was also a complete disaster, so it’s hard to imagine that Microsoft will follow the same script when it comes to launching Xbox Series X . For that reason (and a few others we’ll discuss below), we’re struggling to discount an admittedly very sketchy Xbox leak that surfaced this week.
Today’s Top Deals
- Why wouldn’t you get this Xbox One game while it’s on sale for $4.49?
- AirPods Pro are back down to Amazon’s lowest price and we seriously can’t believe it
- Amazon’s best espresso makers are cheaper than they’ve ever been in this one-day blowout
Trending Right Now:
- The mysterious new PS5 feature everyone’s talking about might have a disturbing downside
- Is this really Sony’s crazy new PS5 console design?
- Here are the first big spoilers from the Marvel TV show that’ll explain a huge ‘Endgame’ mystery
Could this be a leaked invite for the Xbox Series X reveal event? originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 18:16:59 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.