A Tesla owner is crediting his Model X for saving his life after the vehicle ran off the road and almost started careening down an incredibly steep hill. In a story originally posted to Reddit, Justin Bowen relays how the Model X he was driving immediately applied the emergency brakes as soon as the SUV got off the road. It’s also worth noting — for any cynics out there — that Autopilot wasn’t engaged at the time of the incident.
“No the car wasn’t on autopilot and this road is notoriously dangerous,” Bowen explained. “There was a truck a few hundred feet further down. Any other car would have flipped and gone much further down. Autopilot emergency braked as soon as I went off the road and the extreme slope. Saving my life.”
Today’s Top Deals
- Why wouldn’t you get this Xbox One game while it’s on sale for $4.49?
- Today’s top deals: Rare AirPods Pro discount, huge Amazon device sale, $24 home camera, Pixel 3a deals, weighted blankets, more
- AirPods Pro are back down to Amazon’s lowest price and we seriously can’t believe it
Trending Right Now:
- Is this really Sony’s crazy new PS5 console design?
- The mysterious new PS5 feature everyone’s talking about might have a disturbing downside
- Here are the first big spoilers from the Marvel TV show that’ll explain a huge ‘Endgame’ mystery
Man credits Tesla Model X for saving his life after running off the road originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 21:05:15 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.