After the outcry from the internet last year when the first trailer for the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie hit YouTube, which inspired not only a mass freakout over the character’s appearance but a release delay so that last-minute changes could be made, the movie’s release is finally at hand. And in advance of its debut in theaters this weekend, I must say — I’m pleasantly surprised at the at least modestly positive vibe that’s surrounding it in the final lead-up to the release.
“Was not expecting this, but @SonicMovie is a total delight,” tweeted one writer who got to see it early. Likewise, Haruki Satomi — the president of Sega’s parent company Sega Sammy — released a statement this week offering his support, noting that: “Sonic has been loved by fans worldwide for 29 years, and we’re thrilled for them to see his debut on the silver screen. Sonic’s personality, charm, and this story of friendship are complemented with fantastic non-stop action.” The movie has the potential to “warm the hearts of viewers of all ages,” he continued.
Today’s Top Deals
- Why wouldn’t you get this Xbox One game while it’s on sale for $4.49?
- Today’s top deals: Rare AirPods Pro discount, huge Amazon device sale, $24 home camera, Pixel 3a deals, weighted blankets, more
- Amazon’s best espresso makers are cheaper than they’ve ever been in this one-day blowout
Trending Right Now:
- Is this really Sony’s crazy new PS5 console design?
- The mysterious new PS5 feature everyone’s talking about might have a disturbing downside
- Here are the first big spoilers from the Marvel TV show that’ll explain a huge ‘Endgame’ mystery
Paramount didn’t actually spend a lot on the ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 22:08:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.