As much as President Trump loves to fire broadsides and to weigh in on big cultural topics of the moment when he feels like the direction is not sufficiently pro-America, it was probably inevitable that he would chime in at some point on The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences awarding the “Best Picture” Oscar this year to Parasite. That’s the film, as everyone probably knows by now, which made history earlier this month by becoming the first non-English language film in the 92-year history of the Oscars to win the top prize of the night. The movie, directed by Bong Joon-ho, is a black comedy and satire that focuses on class warfare, and there’s still such pent-up demand for the film that it’s been digitally remastered and is back in theaters for a one-week IMAX run.
Of course, President Trump is not having it. During a campaign rally in Colorado, the president tore into Parasite thus: “By the way, how bad were the Academy Awards this year?” he asked the crowd rhetorically, ginning up a chorus of a boos. “The winner is a movie from South Korea. What the hell was that all about? We’ve got enough problems with South Korea, with trade. And after all that, they give them best movie of the year?”
Today’s Top Deals
- Dyson is dead to me now that I’ve tried this Bissell vacuum, and it’s on sale today at its lowest price
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Saturday: $6 smart plugs, Baby Yoda, $39 4K Roku Stick, mattress toppers, Dyson killer, more
- Today’s best deals: Crazy Anker sale, Animatronic Baby Yoda, $6 smart plug, $8 wireless charger, $23 home cam, $25 earbuds, more
Trending Right Now:
- The biggest Marvel mystery left after ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is about to be solved
- Sony’s PS5 might be in trouble when it’s first released
- Walmart’s running a big sale today and you probably didn’t realize it – here are the best deals
The 10 hottest movies everyone is streaming right now – is your favorite on the list? originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 22 Feb 2020 at 19:13:22 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.