- New Dell laptops can mirror the iPhone’s screen with the help of the new Dell Mobile Connect app.
- Announced at CES 2020, the app also lets you take calls and send texts from your laptop, as well as check notifications and transfer certain types of files.
- Dell Mobile Connect also works with Android and requires a relatively new laptop to get started.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories .
If you own both an iPhone and a Mac, then you’re probably taking advantage of a handy feature Apple launched a few years ago to make it easier to switch back and forth between the two devices. Called Continuity, the feature lets you resume the work you started in certain apps, including the browser and Mail, on the other device. The feature also lets you take calls and send texts directly on the Mac. Add to that quick wireless transfers, and you end up with the kind of cross-device interaction that’s not really available on Android.
Windows 10 does support Android mirroring, and Huawei implemented a similar feature on its devices last year. But Windows and Android come from two different companies and aren’t a natural pair. With that in mind, mirroring iPhone on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 might seem just as unnatural. But now it’s possible.
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon has 9 new exclusive deals only for Prime members
- Today’s best deals: Hidden Fire TV Stick sale, Prime-exclusive deals, AirPods 2 all-time low, $9 wireless charger, more
- TIDAL is making your time at home more enjoyable with this amazing offer
Trending Right Now:
- Coronavirus vaccine researchers just delivered some great news
- Spring breaker who boasted ‘if I get corona, I get corona’ realizes he’s an idiot
- Don’t expect your coronavirus stimulus check from the Trump administration until May
iPhone screen mirroring is now supported on some Dell laptops originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 25 Mar 2020 at 18:04:29 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.