- One of the things that makes the COVID-19 coronavirus so potentially deadly is the way it aggressively attacks an infected person’s lungs, leaving many such patients needing to be hooked up to a ventilator in order to be able to breath — and, ultimately, to save their life.
- A new video shows how much damage the virus can cause to an infected person’s lungs.
- According to Johns Hopkins University , there have been more than 62,000 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the US to-date. And almost 900 people have died.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories .
If you needed extra incentive to take heed of any order mandating a shelter-in-place in your city or state right now as a result of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, perhaps a 360-degree video showing how much damage the virus can do to your lungs will make you understand.
After doctors at George Washington University Hospital encountered their first patient with the novel coronavirus earlier this month, they used VR cameras to map the patient’s lungs — with a resulting 360-degree video they’ve since posted to YouTube as an educational tool. In the video, which you can watch below, the camera pans in and around an infected patient’s lungs, with the normal tissue shown in blue and the parts damaged by the virus shown in yellow.
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon has 9 new exclusive deals only for Prime members
- Today’s best deals: Hidden Fire TV Stick sale, Prime-exclusive deals, AirPods 2 all-time low, $9 wireless charger, more
- TIDAL is making your time at home more enjoyable with this amazing offer
Trending Right Now:
- Coronavirus vaccine researchers just delivered some great news
- Spring breaker who boasted ‘if I get corona, I get corona’ realizes he’s an idiot
- Don’t expect your coronavirus stimulus check from the Trump administration until May
This terrifying video shows how much damage coronavirus does to your lungs originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 25 Mar 2020 at 18:35:56 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.