- According to Johns Hopkins University , there have been over 80,000 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the US to-date, as well as more than 1,000 deaths.
- Among those who died from the COVID-19 coronavirus is Anil Subba, an Uber driver from Nepal who was in his 40s and developed symptoms of the virus after picking up a sick passenger.
- New York City has become something of an epicenter of the virus in the US, with more confirmed cases there than anywhere else in the country. The virus has also been spreading faster there than anywhere else.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories .
An Uber driver from Nepal who was in his 40s and lived in the New York City borough of Queens has reportedly died from the coronavirus after picking up a sick passenger.
What happened to Anil Subba, who left behind a wife and three children, is reflective of the insecurity and lack of benefits like health insurance that gig workers face — particularly those who drive for rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft. In Subba’s case, he picked up a rider at JFK airport in early March who turned out to be sick. He soon developed coronavirus symptoms and checked himself into the hospital some two weeks ago.
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon has 9 new exclusive deals only for Prime members
- Today’s top deals: DIY face masks, hidden Fire TV Stick 4K deal, $20 home cam, $9 wireless charger, $129 AirPods, more
- Today’s best deals: Hidden Fire TV Stick sale, Prime-exclusive deals, AirPods 2 all-time low, $9 wireless charger, more
Trending Right Now:
- Nurse warns of key coronavirus symptom she’s seen in all patients
- Does Vitamin C shut down the coronavirus?
- Woman coughed on $35,000 worth of groceries to stoke coronavirus fears
An Uber driver in New York died from coronavirus after picking up a sick passenger originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 19:07:45 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.