- With the coronavirus pandemic encouraging new standards in personal hygiene, a woman in Pennsylvania deliberately coughed on $35,000 worth of food at a grocery store.
- The woman was apprehended and ultimately arrested by local police. It’s unclear if the woman has the coronavirus, but the store’s co-owner said he will do everything possible to get her tested.
- All of the food in question was promptly thrown into the trash.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories .
A crisis like the coronavirus pandemic can sometimes bring out the best in people. Over the past few weeks, for example, we’ve seen a number of stories involving people going out of their way to monetarily help complete strangers pay their bills on time.
At the same time, a crisis like the coronavirus can also bring out the worst in people. While some folks are selfishly hoarding enough toilet paper to last for months on end, others are using the coronavirus as an opportunity to scam unsuspecting victims out of their hard-earned money.
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon has 9 new exclusive deals only for Prime members
- Today’s top deals: DIY face masks, hidden Fire TV Stick 4K deal, $20 home cam, $9 wireless charger, $129 AirPods, more
- Today’s best deals: Hidden Fire TV Stick sale, Prime-exclusive deals, AirPods 2 all-time low, $9 wireless charger, more
Trending Right Now:
- Nurse warns of key coronavirus symptom she’s seen in all patients
- Does Vitamin C shut down the coronavirus?
- Spring breaker who boasted ‘if I get corona, I get corona’ realizes he’s an idiot
Woman coughed on $35,000 worth of groceries to stoke coronavirus fears originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 17:34:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.