- PlayStation download speeds have been slowed and delayed in Europe in order to reduce the strain on service providers in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Sony announced this week that those slowdowns are coming to the US as well.
- YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, and others have reduced the quality of their video streams.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories .
One of the unforeseen consequences of a global pandemic in the 21st century is that everyone is suddenly going to be working at home, putting a strain on internet service providers that never planned for such a catastrophe. In order to help relieve some of that strain, many services, including YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon, have reduced the quality of their default video streams. Sony joined in as well earlier this week by slowing and delaying game downloads on PlayStation in Europe, and now the same measures are coming to the United States.
Today’s Top Deals
- Last chance to get 9 exclusive deals only for Prime members
- These aren’t N95 face masks, but they’re better than nothing and they’re in stock now
- Today’s top deals: DIY face masks, hidden Fire TV Stick 4K deal, $20 home cam, $9 wireless charger, $129 AirPods, more
Trending Right Now:
- Doctors finally found an early warning sign of a coronavirus infection
- Coronavirus news: Watch these spring breakers’ phone signals disperse across the US
- Coronavirus kills teen denied treatment for not having health insurance
PlayStation download speeds now being slowed down in the US originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 27 Mar 2020 at 21:42:51 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.