- The coronavirus’ US toll is continuing to get worse, both here and abroad, while we’re also learning more about the virus and how to keep ourselves safe from it.
- For example, the news about whether you can contract the virus from packages delivered to your home is good, but also a little inconclusive.
- Speaking of your home, here’s one thing you absolutely shouldn’t do when you’re disinfecting everything.
The county that encompasses my city of Memphis, Tennessee, just reported its highest one-day total of new coronavirus cases (190) on Tuesday since April 24, one of the many reminders out there, both big and small, that we remain in the throes of a deadly pandemic. As of the time of this writing, in fact, the number of coronavirus infections in the US has topped 1.82 million, while the number of reported deaths here has surpassed 105,000 (according to the latest numbers from Johns Hopkins University ).
All of which is to say, it sounds like people still need a few reminders of best practices right now, including things like the wearing of a face mask when you’re outside your home. Anecdotally, I saw pretty widespread adherence to this in public for a while, until things seemed to drop off in this regard over the last several days (in situations completely separate from protests taking place). Among the other things we’re continuing to learn about the virus, meanwhile, like places to avoid and all the ways the virus can affect you — here’s a recommendation on how to disinfect the spaces and things around you to remain safe from the virus.
Today’s Top Deals
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Sunday: Coronavirus face masks, strongest hand sanitizer, $50 off iPads, more
- Today’s top deals: KN95 face masks, Fire TV Stick surprise sale, $250 iPad, $18 Wi-Fi extender, Sony headphones, more
- The Echo Dot for cars is down to its lowest price ever, just $19.99
Trending Right Now:
- New coronavirus stimulus plan would pay you $1,200 to go to work
- Here’s what NASA astronauts are saying about SpaceX’s Crew Dragon
- Chris Evans says he’s done with Captain America
This is the wrong way to disinfect your home if you want to stay safe from coronavirus originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 16:34:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.