- Those of you looking for a more positive coronavirus update than what you may be seeing a lot of in the news these days may be interested to know the one place in the US where you’re statistically the least like to catch the coronavirus right now.
- That place is Hawaii, which has done the best job of keeping its numbers and rate of transmission low, though it’s not without risk and is starting to see some uptick in recent days.
- Starting August 1, visitors to the state can bypass the mandatory 14-day quarantine period by presenting a negative COVID 19 test result when they arrive.
Some of you hardy souls, undaunted by the specter of a surge in coronavirus cases around the country at the moment, are either deep into planning your next bit of vacation travel — or have even already embarked on said trip, getting your first taste of what this new era in public health holds for travelers. We certainly can’t say we blame you. Being cooped up for months because of the coronavirus pandemic — watching cases spike, millions get infected, and some cities even come to the precipice of locking down again — has been certainly a traumatic experience to live through, so no wonder people are thinking about trying to relax any way they can.
Looking around the US to figure out where is safe to visit right now, however, can be a bit of a perplexing exercise, to say the least. You don’t want to leave an environment that you know and travel to somewhere that has less of a handle on the pandemic.
Today’s Top Deals
- Today’s top deals: Purell in stock, Clorox wipes, 3M face masks, free Echo Dot, $50 off AirPods 2, $99 TV, more
- Get these 3M face masks before Amazon remembers they’re only supposed to be for hospitals
- 3M N95 masks on Amazon are surprisingly available to anyone – but not for long
Trending Right Now:
- Here we go again – more than two dozen Android apps caught stealing your data
- Bad news: You might not be eligible for the next stimulus check
- Oxford scientist says the coronavirus pandemic didn’t begin where everyone thinks it did
This state has done the best job of containing the coronavirus originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 22:12:38 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.