- Dr. Anthony Fauci recently defended himself amid complaints that he’s mishandled the coronavirus pandemic.
- President Trump recently lamented that Fauci has a higher approval rating.
- Trump supporters have suggested that Fauci’s coronavirus response strategy has been flawed.
For reasons that still don’t make much sense, the manner in which people view the coronavirus has become something of a heated and divisive political issue. So while it would clearly be beneficial for people in the U.S. to come together and get on the same page when it comes to combatting the coronavirus, that’s not how things have played out over the past few months.
Part of the problem is that many of our country’s leaders can’t even get on the same page when it comes to the coronavirus. Case in point: President Trump and Dr. Anthony Fauci have seemingly been at odds for weeks on end in regards to the country’s coronavirus response. The tension between the two reached a new level of absurdity recently when Trump lamented the fact that Fauci has a higher approval rating than he does. Even before that, Trump would on occasion espouse COVID-19 theories and dispense advice that was counter to what Fauci was saying.
Today’s Top Deals
- Save $60 on the greatest Instant Pot accessory ever made
- Today’s best deals: 3M face masks, Lysol wipes, one-day Anker sale, Purell in stock, Bose blowout, Fire TV deals, more
- Get 3M face masks and NIOSH-approved filters before Amazon remembers they’re only for hospitals
Trending Right Now:
- Waiting on a new stimulus check? Here’s when it might arrive
- Internal CDC document reveals the 10 biggest coronavirus hotspots in the country
- Fauci says coronavirus cases in these 4 states are finally ‘coming back down’
Dr. Fauci fires back amid allegations he’s mishandled the response to the coronavirus originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 31 Jul 2020 at 20:07:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.