- NBC’s new streaming service Peacock only launched a couple of weeks ago, but already a few of its exclusive titles have crept up our list of the most-watched TV shows across all major streaming services right now.
- The rest of this week’s list of the most-watched TV shows is dominated by titles from services like Netflix and Amazon.
- This week’s list of shows comes via the streaming search engine service Reelgood.
The first thing I did when NBC’s new streaming service Peacock went live on July 15 — and quickly availed itself as a more than serviceable complement to a Netflix subscription — was to dive straight into The Capture , a thriller imported from the UK that I’ve already raved is a must-watch. Lead actress Holliday Grainger is fantastic as an ambitious detective inspector who realizes with classic British stiff-upper-lip professionalism how in over her head she is when she has to go up against the shadowy, black arts world of techno-centric espionage. I was thoroughly satisfied as this series about fake news and the creeping authoritarianism of our tech overlords and spy agencies drew to a close, and I can’t wait for the show (one of a handful of Peacock originals) to return.
Meantime, plenty of you out there apparently feel something similar. Following Peacock’s July 15 debut, with more than 20,000 hours of movies and shows to watch, the service’s app quickly garnered 10 million downloads, according to App Annie . Moreover, some of the most-watched TV shows right now across all major services are actually Peacock titles.
Today’s Top Deals
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Saturday: Lysol spray and wipes, $1 face masks, $20 off Amazon’s #1 mattress topper, more
- Today’s best deals: 3M face masks, Lysol wipes, one-day Anker sale, Purell in stock, Bose blowout, Fire TV deals, more
- Get 3M face masks and NIOSH-approved filters before Amazon remembers they’re only for hospitals
Trending Right Now:
- WHO just gave us the worst possible coronavirus prediction
- This is the new Netflix series I’m most excited about right now
- Waiting on a new stimulus check? Here’s when it might arrive
Some of the most-watched TV shows right now are on a streamer that just launched originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 1 Aug 2020 at 21:49:14 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.