Everyone in the mobile industry wants to perfect the smartphone design. Apple is trying to get rid of the iPhone’s notch, just as Android handset makers are attempting to eliminate the hole-punch camera. But no one is getting rid of the front-facing components that need to be on the handset. The cameras, sensors, and speakers have to stay where they are. They might go under the screen or inside of the bezel, depending on the phone. The Galaxy Z Fold 3, for instance, will have an under-display camera. ZTE also launched two devices with under-screen cameras, and other Chinese smartphone makers have been working on similar designs for years.
Over at Apple, the iPhone 13 will be the first iPhone with a smaller notch . But the company is working on all sorts of solutions to place the components in the notch under the display.
Today’s Top Deal
The post Apple has a crazy idea for getting rid of the iPhone’s notch appeared first on BGR .
Today’s Top Deals
- Amazon’s AirPods 2 price is the lowest it’s been all year, but not for much longer
- The best car detailing product is a $5.59 tool on Amazon that pros don’t want you to know about
- Amazon’s best Roomba vacuum deal is the Roomba 675 for $199
- These Furrion outdoor TV deals are crazy, and up to $400 off today at Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- You’re getting a new $600 stimulus check next month if you live in this one state
- The next stimulus check wave is coming next week – here’s who’s getting paid
- Samsung fans want the company to cancel its #1 best-selling flagship phone
Apple has a crazy idea for getting rid of the iPhone’s notch originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 18:04:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.