Some states around the US, like California, have been stepping up to offer citizens stimulus checks to augment the payments being sent out at the federal level . Which included $1,400 federal stimulus checks earlier this year, as well as the six child tax credit payments arriving monthly through December. And now we can add New York City to this list. That’s thanks to the Big Apple’s move to tap its $6 billion in COVID-19 federal aid money to offer financial assistance to several different groups.
In recent days, the city detailed its spending plan for this emergency money. And the groups it’s planning to direct the aid to include artists, taxi drivers, and the homeless. In addition to steering more financial aid in support of ongoing COVID vaccination efforts.
Today’s Top Deal
The post You can get an extra $5,000 stimulus check if you live in this state appeared first on BGR .
Today’s Top Deals
- Surprise Amazon sale slashes AirPods Pro to 2021’s lowest price
- Amazon’s deal on Samsung Galaxy Buds Live is ridiculously good
- Get your lawn right with Amazon’s one-day Scotts Lawn Care sale
- Black Friday came early for Blink cameras at Amazon, with prices from $25
Trending Right Now:
- New stimulus checks are coming this week – here’s when you’ll get one
- Apple’s iPhone 13 launches tomorrow, but you can see it right now in this stunning video
- First real-life iPhone 13 photos just leaked ahead of Apple’s event
You can get an extra $5,000 stimulus check if you live in this state originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 14 Sep 2021 at 12:17:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.